The Fortefog Garlic Greenhouse Smoke is a pyrotechnic fumigation smoke generating device. In clearer terms, it is a fumer cylinder that is lit, via a fuse, to release a natural garlic based smoke to fumigate greenhouses. It is ideal for cleansing greenhouses and providing plants a healthy start at propagation.
Garlic is a natural ingredient that aids plants natural resistance to some insect pests, including; Whitefly, Thrip and Aphids. It also acts as a natural dispersant for insect pests already situated in the greenhouse.
Greenhouse Garlic Smoke will also help plants and crops to resist, or recover from, many common fungal diseases. Research shows that garlic can enhance plants natural resistance to diseases such as; Fusarium oxysporum, Phytophthora spp, Phythium spp, Rhizoctonia solani, Botrytis cinerea , Alternaria brassisicola and Sclerotinia sclerotiorum.
1. First, close all greenhouse windows, doors and vents.
2. Remove the lid and light the fuse with a match, or lighter, and exit the greenhouse.
3. Leave the greenhouse closed for at least two hours, or preferably overnight.
4. The following day remove the spent container and dispose of safely.
There are a three stages in which you should consider using Garlic Greenhouse Smoke:
1. At the start of the growing season: either prior to planting and propagation
2. At propagation: to help plants have a strong, natural, and clean start to life with stimulated growth
3. At the end of the growing season: to aid the clean out of greenhouses
Please also use Garlic Greenhouse Smoke prior to use of beneficial insects for biological control
One Greenhouse Garlic Smoke fumer cylinder is sufficient to treat a 6 x 8 greenhouse.
Fortefog Greenhouse Garlic smoke is a natural product made from garlic extracts. The fumigator also contains allicin and sulphur based nutrients, and selenium, that help aid plant growth.