FREE DELIVERY FOR ALL ORDERS OVER £50
Our ready-to-use Glue Bands form a barrier that cannot be crossed by insect pests that crawl up tree trunks. The moisture-resistant glue does not dry out and holds the insects securely. The Glue Bands are supplied with a 8.5m fixing wire.
The Glue Bands prevent a variety of insect pests from harming your trees including:
The Glue Bands are designed to protect beneficial insects as well as deter insect pests with specific green colouring which does not attract the beneficial bugs.
The Glue Bands are also completely non-toxic.
We recommend application of the Glue Bands to Fruit Trees & Ornamental Trees. The bands are most effective in preventing insect pests from crawling up the trunks of such trees.
1. Tear open the perforation on the back of the dispenser box and pull out the Glue Band through the opening.
2. The Glue Band should be attached to the tree approximately 60-80cm off the ground. For trunks with coarse tree bark, smooth out the grooves so that the glue band can lie flush against the trunk. Cut the Glue Band according to the trunk circumference (plus 10cm overlap).
3. Then wrap the glue band around the trunk with the glue-coated side facing outwards. Loosen the protective paper at the overlap. Glue together both ends of the glue and press firmly against the tree. Quickly remove the remaining protective paper from the glue surface.
4. Use the enclosed wire to firmly secure the Glue Band to the trunk above and below the glue surface.
5. A Glue Band must also be attached to tree stakes or supports below the connection point to the trunk.
Full instructions are provided on delivery. See also photo diagrams.
We recommend application of the Glue Bands from March to September to combat the arrival of the relevant pest seasons.
Attach the Glue Band to a tree at the end of September / beginning of October (before the first frost) in order to protect against Winter Moths.
Apply one Glue Band per tree you wish to protect. This product comes supplied with 3.5m of Glue Band and the quantity you need will depend on the circumference of your trees.
It’s advisable to remove old Glue Bands and attach new ones in February or March. This prevents caterpillars which have hatched below the old glue band from climbing up the tree. Any foliage that sticks to the glue band must be removed in order to prevent bridges from being formed. Keep the package until you’ve stopped using the glue band. The Glue Bands will remain effective for 6 months.