Aphid parasite contains the tiny parasitic wasp of aphids; Aphidius colemani, for control of aphids and greenfly in greenhouses
Aphid Parasite Wasp (Aphidius colemani)
£14.99 – £19.99
Aphid parasite contains 250 or 500 Aphidius colemani parasitic wasps of aphids and greenfly. These tiny beneficial insects lay their eggs in aphids. The aphid then dies and turns into a parasitised mummy. This is brown in colour and contains a developing Aphidius wasp. This grows and eats its way out of the aphid punching a small hole through the mummy to emerge. This process takes about 2 weeks in a suitable environment . The newly emerged Aphidius will then start to search for other aphids to lay eggs and kill.. This is a classical form of biological control at work.
- Aphid parasite is more effective in a controlled environment like greenhouses
- Introduce when temperatures over 13.c
- Repeat introductions are required if treating over a season
- Aphid colonies may require the introduction of Aphid Kill Blister packs
- If there are multiple species of aphids , consider Aphiscout
- Do not use insecticides when introducing natural enemies like Aphidius
- Remove sticky traps when introducing, as the wasps get caught on them
What are my options for shipping and how much will I be charged?
|STANDARD||ORDER TOTAL||PRICE||PLACE ORDER BY|
|1-3 Working Days||Over £50||FREE||2pm Mon-Fri|
|1-3 Working Days||Under £50||£2.50||2pm Mon-Fri|
|EXPRESS||ORDER TOTAL||PRICE||PLACE ORDER BY|
|NEXT WORKING DAY*||N/A||£4.99||2pm Mon-Thurs|
|SATURDAY DELIVERY||N/A||£15.00||2pm Fri|
*These rates and times do not apply to Bumblebee orders. To find out about Bumblebee orders click here.
Unit 1, Griggs Business Centre | West Street | Coggeshall | Essex CO6 1NT
Tel: 01376 563322
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.